Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Memories...





These are pics of my Mom and Dad. I love them both because they are so natural. Don't you just love the old car? They were snapshots but my daughter had them enlarged for my brother and I for Christmas a few years ago.


My parents were married on September 27, 1941. My Moms dress was actually blue velvet. I remember playing dress up with it as a child . Of course, it was destroyed. I would love to have it now!
My father and brother contacted polio in 1953. My brother was in the hospital about a year and wears a leg brace and uses crutches. He was 6 at the time and is now 59. My dad was completely paralyzed and spent some time in an iron lung. He passed away on September 27, 1953, their 13th wedding anniversary. I was 4 so I don't remember much about my father at all, so these photos are very dear to me.

1 comment:

Laurie and Chris said...

Mom ~ I see why you had to think this one through! It's hard to believe it has been that long.