Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking forward!

The end of another year is upon us. I'm looking forward to 2008 for a couple reasons but really expect my life to remain pretty much the same, and I'm okay with that.
The highlight of 2007 was spending time with my family and I certainly expect to continue that. I also plan to spend as much time as possible with my sweet Jerzie. Here she is 01/01/2007.....and today.
I'm looking forward to a growing relationship with her and even tho I know my children well, I expect our relationships to become even stronger and better. I'm also looking forward to becoming even closer to my favorite son-in-law and favorite daughter-in-law.
I'm looking forward to paying off my mortgage!
I'm looking forward to working in my garden!
I'm looking forward so household sales and "new" junk!
I'm looking forward to blogging and meeting new friends!
Some would say that I need goals to improve my life. I say I have achieved many goals that I thought I would never achieve. I have struggled in many areas of my life for many years. I believe that accepting my life as it is will make 2008 a good year. I will try not to feel sorry for myself for needing to work 2 jobs, for sometimes being lonely, for being in constant pain. My life will improve when I accept what is and focus on what I have. Great kids with super spouses and a beautiful loving granddaughter!
I'm looking forward to 2008!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerzie sure has grown like a weed!

Loved this post, you pretty much say it all!

Love & Hugs and
Happy New Year!

Cat said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like you will have a great one!

Carole Burant said...

I've so enjoyed looking at all your Christmas pictures...Jerzie sure looked like she was having fun opening her presents:-) It's unbelievable how much she's grown in a year isn't it!!

New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear Jean! xoxo

Sandra Evertson said...

Adorable!
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Sandra Everton

Lena said...

Happy New Year to you Jean! You are indeed one very fortunate lady to have such a lovely family. I wish you and yours, happiness,and good health in the coming year.

Tracey said...

Happy New Year, Jean! Jerzie is such a doll...what a treat to be able to be there for smoochies and loving.

I think of you each time Darling watches I Love Lucy :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jean,
you have lots of things to look forward to. Best Wishes Sara from farmingfriends