Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reasons


I saw a list of 10 reasons I'm looking forward to spring and decided to make my list, too.
Reason 1. I want to feel the warmth of the sun! Since I keep my heat way down (except for when Jerzie is here) I'm really looking forward to being warm. Because of having melanoma, I can't be in the sun except in the spring when I'm still well covered.

Reason2. I love checking my gardens a couple times a day in the spring because there is always something popping up. I can't wait to see and smell all the spring flowers.

Reason 3. I love working in the garden when it is still cool outside. I can't wait to see what comes up that I forgot about.

Reason 4. I'm very excited about taking Jerzie to the playgrounds now that she's old enough to enjoy it. I'm also excited to show her around the garden and have picnics in the yard.

Reason 5. I'm very tired of shoveling snow!! I'm just plain tired of winter! Winter coats, winter boots, hats, scarves, gloves. I'm tired of cleaning snow and ice off my car (no garage)

Reason 6. I love to have my windows open. I open them at the first sign of spring even if it's still cool.

Reason 7. I'm really going to try to walk in between jobs. I'll get motivated when the weather is nice and the sidewalks are clear. I did actually go for a walk last Saturday afternoon when the sun was shining.

Reason 8. I won't have to warm my car up for 10 minutes and waste all that gas!

Reason 9. I love spending time on my deck, especially in the spring before it gets too hot

Reason 10. Hopefully, I can get my roof fixed so I can finish the last wall in my bedroom makeover, finally!

If you decide to list the reasons you're ready for spring, please leave me a comment so I can check out your reasons.

1 comment:

Susie said...

What beautiful daffodils! I can see that you are quite ready for spring, Jean!!
You'll really enjoy those trips to the playground with Jerzie once the weather is warmer. I sort of miss those days, now that our grands are older!!
xo