Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday!



I'm really excited about the beginning of Bloomin' Tuesday! I can't wait to see what's "bloomin' where you are planted"!Here are 4 buttons to pick from if you would like one on your sidebar or on your Bloomin' Tuesday post. (Thanks Chris, my favorite son-in-law, for the buttons and the tech help!) Our maple trees are bloomin' here in Western New York. Won't be long and the trees will be covered with leaves. I have some trillium bloomin'. These are not the wild variety. They are definitely one of my favorites! I also have several prim roses that are open. Some are in bud as soon as the snow melts. They love the cool weather and almost look dead when it gets too hot.I love the white around the centers and edges on this pink one. I showed daffodils last week and now it's tulip time. I only have a couple here and there but I love to see large clumps of them The black centers are a strong contrast to the soft colors. How many shades of pink are in one little flower? Show us your blooms! You can show everything that is blooming, post about a specific plant that you enjoy or a garden tour you went on. You have complete control over what you post, as long as it is garden related. The 2 buttons are available if you would like to add one to your blog. Of course, if this is going to work, you will have to direct people to the list so they can sign up or just enjoy the posts. I will have Mr Linky up about 10 o'clock on Monday nights so you can add your link any time from then on. You must sign up every week you want to participate. I do ask that you link to the specific post and not your entire blog. (Click on the time at the bottom of your post and copy the address from there.)


14 comments:

Sugarplum Cottage said...

What fun this is gonna be. Hope you have alot participating. Rose

Dawn said...

Mine is up!
Limited blooming...but what I have is there....
All the best for the success of Bloomin' Tuesday!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Jean, just lovely, I love your photos!!! It is wonderful to see life in NY blooming isn't it?? Thanks for sharing your photos.

Simply Heart And Home said...

I've no blooms to share yet. I just wanted to tell you that your flowers are gorgeous.

Blessings,

Gina

Cape Cod Washashore said...

What lovely posies you have blooming! Your trillium is gorgeous! I don't have much blooming yet, but I do have my Mayflowers! =)

Leaon Mary said...

Nice to meet you! I love your Primrose the most! Wow! And your banner too!! Thanks for counting me in! Boomin Tuesdays ~*~ WHAT FUN!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

WAIT. You mean there is a non-wild variety of Trillium??? I never heard of it! I'm gonna have to ask around for it. That excites me!

Carole Burant said...

You are so lucky to have so many flowers in bloom already...I only have that one lone daffodil so far! lol I have lots of tulips that should be opening in a week or so and more daffodils to bloom as well. It's turned cold again so I'm sure they're saying "no way are we blooming yet"!! lol

I just love the clothes you bought for Jerzie...I'm glad she decided to model after all, she's soooo sweet looking:-) xox

Ann said...

What fun! I'm going to play along! The prim roses are very pretty! I love their color!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for starting Bloomin' Tuesdays. I found you thru Dawn. Maybe I can post tomorrow when I can get outside to snap a pic.

Aiyana said...

Sounds like fun. It's now Wednesday--I didn't get a chance to visit your blog until now, but I'll figure it all out by next Tuesday. Thanks again,
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

My picture is up for Bloomin' Tuesday!

Joani said...

This will be so much fun to see what everyone is doing this time of year in their garden/flower area. Have a great weekend.

daisy g said...

What gorgeous tulips!