Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great find!

My neighbor and I finally got a chance to go to a household sale this week. I love to go but they have been having them at the end of the week and I'm too busy then. This was listed as an old farm house and it certainly was. They had one beautiful bedroom suite and a darling old painted kitchen table with chairs. I can't use any more large furniture, although I would of been tempted to buy the kitchen table but it was sold.I have been looking for a round occasional table. I spotted this one on my first trip through.
I went back to take another look and discovered the top was tipped after I cleared it off. The feet were coming apart from the leg and just needed to be glued.
It was marked 25 dollars and I had just decided to take it when the man that ran the sale said I could have it for 20! All I did was glue the feet and polish it with some lemon oil. One side of the top is very warn but I'll just cover that with "stuff" until I decide if I want to refinish the top. I love the detail, don't you?

7 comments:

Sweetie said...

I really like the table. I love sales and it's always more fun with a friend. I also like the domed dish with the bird - what a great idea. I want to let you know that I think that I posted my name for Bloomin' Tuesday too soon. I scheduled my post (first time!) and added my name to your blog at the same time. There really are some wonderful posts this week.

Anonymous said...

I love yard, garage & estate sales. You can find great stuff at great prices. That's a pretty table Jean. It looks great after your polish job.

Laurie and Chris said...

Love the table Mom! Where is it going??

Suzanne said...

Wow - what a find. It's beautiful!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh you found a good one, Jean!

Thanks so much for the Rose of Sharon babies. They are in a holding pot on the corner of the porch but I know where they will be planted :-) You are the best!

((BIG HUGS)) Rosie

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great find!
Can't wait to see what you do with it.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Nice price too :)