Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surprise find!

Did you ever get excited about finding something that you weren't looking for? As I was running my errands yesterday I passed a Household Sale 50% off sign. It was on a 4 lane but I decided to turn around and check it out. Just about all that was left was tables full of all kinds of glassware which I'm not really into. Of course I had to look as long as I was there.
I've had this pitcher for a long time and I guess I have it because it was my Mom's and I remember it always being in the china closet. It appears to be some kind of lusterware. Look what I found! Three glasses that match my pitcher! They were only 50 cents each! Now I guess I should start looking for more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I like the amber shade & floral motif.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Wow! That is awesome that you found matching glasses! Isn't it weird how unexpected stops bring unexpected treasures? They're beautiful.

Wanita said...

I really like you pitcher and glasses. How great that you found the glasses at such a bargain price.

Suzanne said...

I love finding unexpected treasures! And a bargain to boot!

Carole Burant said...

Oh Jean, what a lucky find for sure! I have a very similar set that I bought at one of the Estate Auction sales I attend every week...it's a replica of the one my mom had when I was growing up and she use to make orange koolaid in it all the time. It's the same as your set except for a different design on it:-) xoxo

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That is so cool!