Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

We have had such hot, dry weather some blooms are hardly lasting long enough to get pictures. We did get a thunder storm this afternoon with hope of more. At this rate the garden will be done by the end of July!
My lupine looks the best it has ever looked. The plants are huge and the colors are bright.
They looked so good I bought a couple other colors, red and yellow.
Dead nettle is the perfect plant for around trees. I do have a brick border under all the foliage. I pulled out everything outside the border in the spring. The blooms don't last too long but I like the colors of the leaves.
The false indigo is blooming way early. It's a great plant to add color and height to the garden. The leaves have a blue tint.
The blooms remind me of sweet peas.
The thrift is going strong. I love it but I put it on the edge of the garden and the grass gets into it and drives me crazy!
Mini iris were gone in a day. The plants are spreading well so I'm expecting more blooms next season.
Another Clematis has burst open. Just like the other one, the blooms are huge and plentiful.
So what is bloomin' in your garden? Add your name and permalink to Mr Linky to give us a tour. Don't forget to add a link to this post on your post.
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean, hope you had a nice Memorial Day Weekend. It was nice to sleep in later for a few days. :) I love your Lupines, so jealous, never had any luck with growing them here.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Jean,
I love lupines. I've never had them grow for long. I did have a couple that did well for a few years. I planted a couple in the fall, and see they are still small. I found a nice sized pink flowering one at a farmer's market Saturday, and planted it in hopes to get blooms this year. Yours are both awesome!

Your little girl and the croquet set are cool, too. Of course, the clematis and other blooms are, too. I forgot to post my clematis blooms.

Darla said...

I'm going to try Lupine again. Beautiful, and that Clematis, Oh my!

Unknown said...

Things are blooming faster here too. Your gardens look fresh and beautiful how do you keep them so neat??? Happy Bloomin Tuesday! Meg

Bonnie said...

I just love lupine. I tried many times to grow it, but that is one plant that I just can't grow. Yours is gorgeous!

Becca's Dirt said...

Stunning clematis. Lupine is a beautiful flower. Still hoping for mine to bloom.

Diana LaMarre said...

I am loving that pink lupine and the clematis! I have no luck with either one of those. I have had a lupine or two bloom, but nothing spectacular like yours.

Suzanne said...

Love those purples and pinks! Beautiful. Thank you for hosting the party, Jean. I appreciate it!

Tracy said...

Hi Jean - I'm so glad that I recently found your blog! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for hosting Bloomin' Tuesday - so cool to see so many other gardens :^)

Katie Olthoff said...

Love your clematis and lupine! Reminds me of my aunt's garden.

Paula said...

I love your flowers! SUch a great variety. Thank you for sharing these today - makes my heart happy! Paula from Idaho

~~Rhonda said...

Jean, your garden is looking beautiful! Don't you love the false indigo? Such a lovely shade of blue. And your clematis looks great! Looks like 'Nelly Moser.' We have a NM twining through the hydrangea by the front porch, so its flowers are often hidden in the branches. I'd like another one for a trellis so the blossoms will show as well as yours does. Beautiful! ~~Rhonda

Sandy said...

Gorgeous lupines, what is your secret? I tried to grow them in VA, but they never did well, never bloomed. Now we are in NC, do you think I should try again?