Friday, August 13, 2010

Still digging!

I got a couple more cone flowers to add to the back side of my wild garden. I seem to be getting addicted to them!This one is called Flame Thrower. The color changes from red near the center to orange.

Harvest Moon is a great name for this one.


I love the golden color!

This week I dug out the front area of the wild bed

and all down the side near the stairs.
I have given away plants to 3 neighbors, some customers, my daughter, and a couple friends from facebook! I still had a few Black-eyed-Susans left over!
I think the hardest part is making sure I don't plant too much. This are was so filled in it's hard to get used to it being so sparse. At least I picked a great time to do it. A local nursery is still selling gallon perennials for 5 bucks a gallon. My car just goes there all by itself! lol!
I'll show you everything I planted on Bloomin' Tuesday!








6 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jean, your car travels to garden centers on auto pilot, too? So does mine! I love 'Flame Thrower' what a color, and 'Harvest Moon' is a beauty, too. We need to thin out a bed this fall, too, and it's great to have people come and take plants home, isn't it? Thanks for the inspiration to get at my thinning job.

Anonymous said...

You always show the prettiest flowers! We visited Hershey Gardens this past weekend. I saw a cone flower called "White Swan". It was pretty.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, I am never disappointed coming to your blog and seeing your lovely garden and flowers.
I hurt my back and I haven't been able to do any gardening :(
Hugs, Ann

Darla said...

I must add new coneflowers to my gardens. These are great!

Diana LaMarre said...

It looks like you have a lot of new area to fill up. I will be looking forward to seeing your new plants.

Are you buying those at a chain store or a nursery? I can't find a single marked-down bargain in my small town.

dining tables said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.