Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dining Room

Since I decided to use this for my header, we'll have to start the Christmas tour in the dining room. I really changed things up in there this year. I found a shoe box full of gorgeous vintage pink and aqua balls at a household sale so decided to do the dining room pink and aqua.

I really love the way the mantle came out. I made the swag a couple years ago by hot gluing vintage balls to a fake pine piece. It has all colors in it so it would work anywhere.

I filled this tall vase with some vintage ornaments I've found over the years. I found the white and aqua tree at Marshall's.

The house is from Tuesday Morning. It wasn't lighted so I uncovered the windows and added a bulb inside. The bottle brush trees are from sales and so is the glass vintage snowman.
I covered the mantle with some batting I had, add a string of 20 lights and sprinkled snow over everything.

The figurines are new but look old. They are covered with sparkles. So is the house and snowman. A couple pieces of glass from Second Chances, a local thrift store for the Humane Society are filled with ornaments. I got both for under a dollar. The pink glass bead stems were a surprise in the bottom of the shoe box. They are quite expensive and I got 6 stems in perfect condition.

This is on my table. I already had the pink tablecloth but hadn't used it for several years. My Mom made the bead angel under the dome. It topped my tree for several years, now it always has a prominate place. A glass cylinder filled with pink balls and a glass plate with snow, vintage balls and glass beads make this easy centerpiece.

A family caroling that I painted years ago sets on the book case.

The secretary is filled with more vintage household sale finds. The top shelf has some bells from my Mom's bell collection and her December birthday angel. Four darling angels the spell Noel and caroler candles in the middle. Click on the pictures to see a rare black caroler. Bottom shelf has 2 sets of angel candle holders. ( I forgot I already had some!), a vintage tree topper and 2 more carolers. These have flocked red robes on.

I add a shelf over the windows for my village.
The only thing missing is my Christmas tree that goes in front of the windows. We'll probably go get them in a couple weeks.

I never thought I'd stray any farther from Christmas green and red than burgundy and blue green but I love the pink and aqua colors. My house is a very eclectic and so are my decorations. It all depends on what I find at the next sale!

8 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

Your house looks so festive Jean. Those bottle brush trees take me back - my mother had some just like it. Thanks for the tour of you home.

Darla said...

I love the softness of these colors. I was thinking to myself just yesterday that I am tired of the bold red...thanks for more decorating inspiration.

Diana LaMarre said...

Everything looks so soft and pretty. Somtimes it's just nice to do different colors. Will the tree bed aqua/pink, too?

Suzanne said...

Beautiful soft colors!

Anonymous said...

I really like the shelf over the window that holds your Christmas village.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful colour combo , everything is so festive.

Anonymous said...

I like the Aqua & Pink theme, very pretty. It's a refreshing change from the tradition green & red. :)

Lisa said...

Oh Jean.......your pink and aqua decor is just gorgeous!! I LOVE it! I wanted to do something a little different this year, but alas, still doing the same colors, lol!!