Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scrabble

My daughter, daughter-in-law and I try to do a craft every Christmas and this is what we did this year.
I asked a couple girlfriends that do garage sales to be on the lookout for old Scrabble games. We found them for $2.00 to 25 cents. My son tore apart some pallets that were thrown away at work and my son-in-law cut them into pieces.
We all dug into our stashes, both girls scrapbook, and just had fun!


We used watered down paint for stain and scrap paper or cloth ribbon for the backgrounds.

Jerzie even made some. She made the snow one for Mommy and the star one is in her and her sister's room. She also made them for her teachers and a Bah Humbug one for Daddy.

We had a great time with these because we could really be creative. All together we made over 40! They were a big hit!
I'm planning to make some for my shop. Would you be interested?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and creative!

shannon i olson said...

I thought I was cool for just gluing letters on the regular scrabble board and letter holders. These are great.

Diana LaMarre said...

What a fun holiday evening you all must have had. I have been admiring the one in your header. I see the scrabble letters all over blogland these days. Like Shannon said, yours are more advanced than most. Very nice!

Teresa said...

These are great. my family plays a lot of scrabble so i have a place in my heart for such things.