Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

We are in mid summer by the thermometer! The sun is shining and the temps are in the 80's during the day and major thunder storms during the night. Just what the plants want, sunshine and rain.
The large side garden is blooming with lupine, bachelor buttons and wild phlox.




This bunch of lupine is about in the center of this garden and is really putting on a show.




There is a sea of purple along the neighbors garage in the bed with the rusty wheelbarrow. This wheelbarrow came from a friend's camp the kids and I spent a lot of time at.

Purple Iris and wild columbine are adding all the beautiful purple shades. I have snow!

Snow in Summer, that is!





The Star of Bethlehem has popped up everywhere. This clump is under a Rose of Sharon in the middle garden. I don't believe I ever planted any but I'm always grateful for any volunteers.

If you'd like to show off your bloomers, just add your name and permalink to Mr Linky and add a link to this post on your blog. After a long holiday weekend we are all happy to sit with a cool drink and relax while touring your garden.
Sorry, I don't know what happened to Mr Linky but he's up now!




1. Tallulahs Antique Closet
2. Bella's Rose Cottage
3. Zoey in Michigan
4. Rosemary
5. Darla, North Florida
6. Racquel
7. daisy
8. Happier Than A Pig In Mud
9. Garden Pinks at Saltbox Treasures
10. Marlee
11. Linda's Lunacy
12. Corner Garden, NE
13. A view through the window
14. Fishtail Cottage
15. Candi in Georgia

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.







15 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Very pretty flowers in the garden today. Luv the iris they are one of my favorites. Thank You for hosting this evening...Julian

Diana LaMarre said...

Beatiful Lupine.

I don't think I have ever seen wild purple columbine...very pretty.

I have Star of Bethlehem all over the place, too. That is one rampant multiplier!

Darla said...

Love the Lupine!! I have snow in summer for the first time here, no blooms on it yet.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your Lupines. They don't seem to like my weather so I'll just have to enjoy yours Jean. :)

Rosemary said...

Lovely .

daisy g said...

Gorgeous garden photos! Love all the shades of purple and blue!

Lynn said...

Your flowers look great Jean! Into the mid 90's here for the last 3-4 days, don't know if the plants are happy about it or not:@)
Is the linky up?

scottweberpdx said...

I love purple so much...and your garden is full of it! That patch of Lupine is just beautiful...and the sea of Columbines is stuning!

Suffia said...

Hi Jean, purple and white, they look wonderful in your garden.
I don't see Mr linky and couldn't add my link.

Suffia

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Just found your pretty blog. You have pretty blooms this week. I was going to link a post, but I don't see the link party link. Please let me know if there is a link, and I'll be happy to join in.
Thanks for hosting.
~ Julie

LindyLouMac said...

It sounds very warm for The Star of Bethlehem to be in flower, ours appeared earlier this year before the heat arrived

Fishtail Cottage said...

Everything is looking so pretty! I don't see the link to enter....let me know if you get it up & running & I'd love to come back to peek around & share a post! xoxo tracie

saltbox
treasures
said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm happy to be linking to your party this week.
~ Julie

Marlee said...

The purples and whites are so beautiful in your garden. Love the rusty old wheelbarrow also. This is my first time linking to your party. Thanks for hosting.

Becca's Dirt said...

Lots of lupine and big ones too. How old is your plant? Catherine is showing some Snow in Summer on tdays post and I was just drooling over it. What a beautiful plant.