Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome!


Did you ever feel like you've lost control of your garden? That's exactly how I feel this year. Between all the rainy then dry, hot weather we've had my gardens are overrun with weeds. So instead of dealing with them, I put in a new garden!



I worked on the new area over the weekend. I moved some Red Hot Poker Lilies, pink and orange Phlox, Gay Feather, Siberian Iris and Double Cone Flowers. Then I purchased a few more plants. I really want this border to be colorful!



I went to an Estate Sale and found this awesome, wrought iron porch railing and just had to have it! I was about 45 minutes from home so we had to force it into my car. I left it just like I bought it.
I decided it would make a great backdrop to my garden. There were 3 pieces and they were a perfect fit!

I moved my new Autumn Clematis to the center to spread along the 'fence'. I love it! The best 15 dollars I've spent in a long time! I can't wait until next year to see everything in bloom!


There are a few other things blooming in the gardens besides weeds. The Turtlehead is just opening in the middle garden.


You can certainly see how it got it's name.


The Meadow Rue is about the only thing bloomin' in the shade garden but there is still a lot of color from the foliage. The plant gets quite tall but the pretty lavender blooms are tiny.



This double Holly Hock is really amazing! It's only about 4 feet tall and keeps on bloomin' like crazy!


It's had several blooms already and you can see there are still lots of buds.That's what's bloomin' in my garden this week. Now show us what's bloomin' in yours. Add you name and permalink to Mr Linky and add a link to this post on your blog. I'll be stopping by to check out your garden!

1. Beyond The Garden Gate - The Enabling Garden
2. Suzanne in the mountains of Colorado
3. Corner Garden, NE
4. Fishtail Cottage
5. Anne Fannie
6. Raindrops & Daisies
7. Zoey Creative Containers Recap
8. daisy
9. Kathe
10. Lisa @ My Omaha Garden
11. Mary from Calgary
12. Through My Garden Window
13. Rosemary
14. Bella's Rose Cottage
15. Christine
16. Carol Samsel
17. Linda's Lunacy
18. Our Country Home
19. Buckets of Gardening Ideas
20. Water Garden Gazebos
21. Raindrops and Daisys

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.





15 comments:

Beth said...

The meadow rue and hollyhocks are lovely! I really like your wrought iron - a great addition to your garden - fabulous garden art!
Beth

Suzanne said...

What a great project! You are so much more industrious than I this time of year. By now I am pretty much spent -- as far as the gardening goes! Beautiful blooms!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Jean,
I had to laugh about you moving plants so you wouldn't have to weed them. I just got my veggie garden weeded for the first time in weeks. My, there were some big ones!

I love your fence and new flower bed! Awesome!

Hey, my word verification is mopsy. That's a fun one.

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, I know what you mean when you say you feel like you have lost control of your garden. I am feeling the same way. We don't have rainy days but lots of hot days!
I love that wrought iron railing you picked up. It will be great with flowers growing on it! I bought a short piece a couple of years ago and it makes a great backdrop to some vines.
~Ann

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Lovely project,
the wrought iron railing is great.

Have a good week.

Diana LaMarre said...

The wrought iron is going to be a geat backdrop. I bet it will be colorful and lovely next year!

daisy g said...

What a great addition to the garden that railing is. And such a deal!

Darla said...

I love, love, love the railing along your new garden! You just always have the neatest ideas.

Kathe said...

That railing is to.die.for! What a fantastic deal.
I am so excited! I have been a long time fan of your blog but have just started blogging myself. I finally get to link up to your fun weekly party! Thanks so much for hosting!

Lisa @ My Omaha Garden said...

Purples seem to be all the bloom right now. Yours are lovely.

Mary-Frances said...

What a great find...love your "new" fence! The hollyhocks look wonderful, such a beautiful colour.

xinex said...

I love your iron fence and you still have a lot of pretty blooms!

Carol said...

The fence is fantastic and the garden will be great when it all fills in :)

Latane Barton said...

I love looking at your garden and all the pretty flowers but I am in my waning days as a gardener (If I ever was one) and I'd love to join your Blooming Tuesday but I just can't. Hope you all don't mind me lurking in the background, though.

Aquascape Your Landscape said...

I can't believe you found that iron railing for just $15! It looks great!