Friday, September 16, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

A couple years ago I bought a lightening rod at a flea market for my garden. This year something tipped it over and broke the glass ball. The balls are hard to find and quite expensive. Last weekend I went to a 'gigantic sale' and 'pickers paradise' that was not as great as I expected. I was pleasantly surprised to notice a lightening rod, with a couple extra rods and 2 glass balls. I made a low offer and got it all for half what I paid for the first one! I decided to put one on each end of my new front garden and vintage fence.
One has a clear purple ball and one a milk glass purple. I not only love them but love that I got such a good deal!

8 comments:

daisy g said...

How cool is that?! Do you have to worry during a storm though? Getting a good deal is always a great way to start your day.

Latane Barton said...

You did good, girl!!! And, that's the perfect place for them.

~~Rhonda said...

Jean, I'm so glad you found a replacement! Our house came with six of those on it. Neat! And I have the balls (white ones and blue ones) from my grandparents' house and from my husbands' family farm. Such neat objects, aren't they? ~~Rhonda

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great orb object de art they make for your garden. It was truly a picker's paradise for you that day!

Judy ~ Through My Garden Window said...

Don't you love when that happens?! Absolutely perfect! I'll have to add those to my wish list of cool old things to put in my flower beds.

Darla said...

SCORE!

p said...

Way to go. Doesn't if feel good to find exactly what you're looking for. Take care of them.

Patrick's Garden said...

Way to go. Doesn't it feel good to find what you're looking for in the least expected place?